Old 24-10-2006, 03:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
jab jab is offline

Default Raspberries

Don't know if this is the correct group for this, but I'll ask anyway.
A week ago Sunday, I purchased a pint of raspberries in the local big
box food market. This past Sunday, when I was shopping again, I realized
the raspberries where still in the frig and that I had forgotten all
about them. Going home and expecting to find a box of moldy fruit, I was
surprised to find them in the same good condition that I bought them and
just finished eating the last of them today.

My question is, are there some varieties that are bred to last in stores
for a week or more or was there something spayed on the berries to
preserve them? I know the July berries I grow won't last more than 2-3
days in the frig.

Thanks
JAB