Old 24-10-2006, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
EddSmith EddSmith is offline

Default Need small ride on mower - Toro or Honda?

Hello,

I have a John Deere LT180, its an amazing mulching mower. I use it for
commercial sites and it always mulches with no problem. Only problem I
can see is the price but you could always try to find a good second
hand or demo machine.

Edd Smith

wrote:
Scotch Whisky wrote:
Toro H132 / 70186 - Again this machine appears to meet my requirements. This
is marketed as having "Recycler Technology" so may have better mulching
performance than the Honda above. I also like the fact that I have been
able to download the full owner and service manual for the Toro. Honda do
not appear to release this information on the internet. I would like to
hear from anyone who has had any experience with this.machine and also is
full service information provided.

Thanks

Dave

Honda usually have downaloadable brochures etc for their engines but
you might have to search around on different sites, e.g. try the US one
instead of the UK one. I thinkk the engine stuff is at
www.hondaengines.com there might be a hypen in there. I have a honda
powered digger and a honda powered mower and both have been fine. What
particularly liek is that they can be started with a very light pull
but I suspect a ride-on would have electric start.

As for the mowers themselves I really don't know!