Old 25-10-2006, 01:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Gardens / Squirrels

So, you know what you did was wrong, yet you did it anyway and lied
about it? I don't like people who do this and I feel sorry for you as
you must be a very hateful person.

On 24 Oct 2006 11:20:28 -0700, "AndyS" wrote:

Andy writes:

I have hordes of squirrels and crows. To keep them out of my
chain link enclosed garden I did the following :

I shot a squirrel and built a little gallows and hung him
from it in the middle of the garden....

A few days later, I did the same with a crow.

Both groups of animals avoid my garden like the plague.
The carcasses stunk a little, but there was no trespassing...

Later in the season, rabbits discoverd my cantalopes. They nibble
the ends of the vines, preventing them from growing and bearing...

I shot one of the rabbits, and hung it also from a little
gallows. My cantalope vines then began to grow again....no
more problems...

Of course, I told my wife that I found the dead animals on
the road, but that was just so I could continue to sleep in the
house.....

Just a suggestion...

Andy in Eureka, Texas