Old 25-10-2006, 01:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default 2008 World Orchid Conference

I was planning on going but Eric's plan to go to Colombia is more enticing.
Haven't been to a WOC and was planning on going but now think I'll wait
until Singapore. Closer and hence less expensive.

Diana Re RGO / ABPO, we could all meet up in Colombia!

Cheers

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Ray,

There are some people who are planning on skipping the WOC in Miami, for a
couple reasons.

Miami is expensive, first and foremost.

The second reason - some of the specialty affinity groups, like the
Pleurothallid Alliance and the Odontoglossum Alliance, have been denied
speaker's slots during the official show times. They can only speak before
or after the show, thereby increasing costs for the members of those
affinity groups.

I'm hearing some people talk about going down to a show in Medellin,
Colombia, at the same time as the WOC. There are early talks for Medellin
to host meetings of the Pleurothallid and Odontoglossum Alliances.