Old 25-10-2006, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris S Chris S is offline

Default laundry and gardening, loose connection :-)

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
Yesterday was a good day for washing and drying but because of the wind
several of my husbands shirts got blown off the line and ended up on top
of a big rosemary and an equally big curry plant. They seemed happy
enough there so I left them to continue drying. Doing the ironing this
morning the smell from the shirts was delightful. I remember my old
grandmother used to put washing on top of the many lavenders that she
grew but never saw the connection, but now I do and will use the shrubs
to dry washing from now on, in fact I have several bays, if I trimmed
them flat on the top they could be used. Who needs commercial fresheners
:-)

kate

sounds wonderful - what a good idea :-)
Chris S