Old 25-10-2006, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default laundry and gardening, loose connection :-)

Yesterday was a good day for washing and drying but because of the wind
several of my husbands shirts got blown off the line and ended up on top
of a big rosemary and an equally big curry plant. They seemed happy
enough there so I left them to continue drying. Doing the ironing this
morning the smell from the shirts was delightful. I remember my old
grandmother used to put washing on top of the many lavenders that she
grew but never saw the connection, but now I do and will use the shrubs
to dry washing from now on, in fact I have several bays, if I trimmed
them flat on the top they could be used. Who needs commercial fresheners
:-)

kate
Old 25-10-2006, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
Yesterday was a good day for washing and drying but because of the wind
several of my husbands shirts got blown off the line and ended up on top
of a big rosemary and an equally big curry plant. They seemed happy
enough there so I left them to continue drying. Doing the ironing this
morning the smell from the shirts was delightful. I remember my old
grandmother used to put washing on top of the many lavenders that she
grew but never saw the connection, but now I do and will use the shrubs
to dry washing from now on, in fact I have several bays, if I trimmed
them flat on the top they could be used. Who needs commercial fresheners
:-)

kate

sounds wonderful - what a good idea :-)
Chris S

Old 25-10-2006, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
Yesterday was a good day for washing and drying but because of the wind
several of my husbands shirts got blown off the line and ended up on top
of a big rosemary and an equally big curry plant. They seemed happy
enough there so I left them to continue drying. Doing the ironing this
morning the smell from the shirts was delightful. I remember my old
grandmother used to put washing on top of the many lavenders that she
grew but never saw the connection, but now I do and will use the shrubs
to dry washing from now on, in fact I have several bays, if I trimmed
them flat on the top they could be used. Who needs commercial fresheners
:-)

kate

Perhaps you should check with hubby if he minds his underpants smelling of
curry (I suppose lavender might be even worse):-)

Old 25-10-2006, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Yesterday was a good day for washing and drying but because of the wind
several of my husbands shirts got blown off the line and ended up on top
of a big rosemary and an equally big curry plant. They seemed happy
enough there so I left them to continue drying. Doing the ironing this
morning the smell from the shirts was delightful. I remember my old
grandmother used to put washing on top of the many lavenders that she
grew but never saw the connection, but now I do and will use the shrubs
to dry washing from now on, in fact I have several bays, if I trimmed
them flat on the top they could be used. Who needs commercial fresheners
:-)

kate

Perhaps you should check with hubby if he minds his underpants smelling of
curry (I suppose lavender might be even worse):-)

LOL I think I had better stick to shirts and bedding.
Old 25-10-2006, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Kate Morgan wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't mind my lavanderie smelling of lavande instead of
conditioner le moins cher. And I'd _love_ it if I could get my act
together to make my bed linen smell of it.

--
Mike.

Old 26-10-2006, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Kate Morgan
writes

[...]

Oh, that brigs back a wonderful memory! When I was young and single, a
visiting young man got a bit out of hand after a party, and my flatmates
and I in self-defence sprayed him with Anais Anais (Elizabeth Taylor's
very musky scent). He had a dreadful time going home on the New York
City underground!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Has anyone done a container garden using garbage bags and laundry baskets? [email protected] Edible Gardening 4 22-08-2013 02:00 AM
Grey laundry water for garden watering? Billy[_4_] Edible Gardening 138 02-02-2011 06:05 PM
Laundry problem Henry & Carolyn Lawns 5 01-10-2007 01:27 PM
non-scented laundry detergent Kelly Garner North Carolina 1 01-05-2003 05:46 PM
Citrus loose skin not loose? Al Edible Gardening 0 21-04-2003 05:20 PM