Old 26-10-2006, 07:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill[_5_] Bill[_5_] is offline

Default Almost Fuyu Time!

In article , cuhulain___98
@yahoo.com says...
My diligence (and willingness to hose down perps) has paid off big
time! I have twenty fuyu persimmons turning that beautiful burnished
orange/rust. At what point are these rubies ready to harvest?
Hachiya brown and turn mushy; fuyu's remain solid all the way
through...

The Ranger

We've been eating Izu Fuyus here for a couple of weeks. Fuyus will get
soft if left long enough, it's just you can eat them hard with out
having your face implode.

The wife has been peeling, slicing, and drying the hard ones into
persimmon chips. She takes the soft ones and makes persimmon leather.

We lose a few to possums, rats, catbirds, and scrub jays.

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.