Old 26-10-2006, 01:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Ranger The Ranger is offline

Default Almost Fuyu Time!

Bill wrote in message
In article , cuhulain___98

@yahoo.com says...
My diligence (and willingness to hose down perps) has
paid off big time! I have twenty fuyu persimmons turning
that beautiful burnished orange/rust. At what point are
these rubies ready to harvest? Hachiya brown and turn
mushy; fuyu's remain solid all the way through...

We've been eating Izu Fuyus here for a couple of weeks.
Fuyus will get soft if left long enough, it's just you can eat
them hard with out having your face implode.

Cool! I'll harvest them today. The resident orbweaver'll be pleased;
she'll have the tree all to herself once I'm done.

We lose a few to possums, rats, catbirds, and scrub jays.

My only pests are Two-Legged Walkers. I've found one thing to deter
them; direct confrontation. They're a cagey lot but I won this
season's harvest.

The Ranger