Old 26-10-2006, 07:07 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
chatnoir chatnoir is offline

Default Any Plants out there that can grow in almost toal shade?

I have an enclosed cat cage! I planted grape vines on the outside of
the cage. In the last three years the vines have totally enclosed the
top of the cage. Have been buying plants from the Nurseries that claim
that these plants can grow in shade! I often look up such claims and
see that it actually grows in semi-shade. I use such places as Dave;s
Garden to check out the plants.

Even so. those listed as being able to grow in shade and check out in
other web pages as being able to grow in shade, all these so-called
plants fold under the shade of these grape vines! Are there any such
plants out there that can grow in very shady places? The only success
I have had is with plants that come up in March, still freezing
weather, and do their thing and die back before the vines really shade
out the inside cage area!