Old 27-10-2006, 03:04 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Aeration On The Cheap

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 00:38:30 GMT, Ken Weitzel
wrote:

Tom The Great wrote:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 00:12:24 +1300, "George.com"
wrote:

"Tom The Great" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:54:20 -0700, wrote:

Renting a proper aerator machine costs bucks. Plus, my yard is
relatively small and laid out oddly (partly including a 45-degree
slope, and a sunken area.)

So, would it help to just do it manually with a large fork? How
far apart, and how deep?

The soil is rather clay-ish, although thoroughly watering it
helps when digging garden beds.

I have already added lime and fertiliser in the past couple
months. And just yesterday spot-treated some broadleaf weeds
with Roundup ("Die! Diiiiieeee!") This place was neglected
before I moved in.

It is (an especially cold) springtime in this part of the world,
and I will overseed when the weather gets better in a month or
so.

I saw sandles(that go on the outside of your shoes) that have big
spikes on it. Kinda like golf shoes on roids. Just walking around
your yard will aerote it.
not recommended that I have heard, really more of a con. If you want to do
it on the cheap better use a fork than aeration shoes.

Salid or Dinner?

Hey, pay attention! We're talking gardening, so clearly
you'd need a pickle fork!

Ken

My Bad!