Old 27-10-2006, 04:05 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Water restrictions and gardens

0tterbot wrote:

again speaking for sydney - most fresh food there is grown in the sydney
basin - it's local :-) (for now, anyway).

I think you have just supported his argument very well.
Can I suggest having a look at the labels on boxen that your grocer gets
his produce from. You could even think about the Coles fresh food add
and how all those scenes are taken all so clearly in the Sydney Basin.

Even my cousin the farmer was alarmed to find that Australia imports
more food stuff ($125b pa) than it exports (82b pa), but he quickly
started looking to see what he could grow of the imports.