Old 27-10-2006, 06:09 AM posted to aus.gardens
Cynthia Cynthia is offline

Default Lilli Pilli hedge

Hi Ashley,

I've just bought a Resilience Lilly Pilly. I only got it last week, so it's
still small.

I was asking after a plant which would form a dense hedge, which could cope
with very hot weather and strong winds.

Here's what the label says:

A beautiful selection of Syzgium Aussie Southern which has proved to have
resilience to many pests and diseases which can effect lillypillies. Red
young growth gives Resilience all year round colour which is enhanced in
spring by white flowers and red berries. The flowers and berries will also
attract birds to your garden. Resilience is ideal for a screen or hedge, or
as a plant to enjoy in the garden, whether in a pot or in the ground. It
responds well to pruning. Resilience thrives in a wide range of soils and
conditions but will perform best in moist, well drained soil in sun to part
shade. Native.

I bought mine from Swanes Nurseries.

Sorry that I can't recommend something from experince of growing one, but
maybe this will be of use to you anyway :-)

Cynthia.