Old 27-10-2006, 01:11 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Lilli Pilli hedge

I would be grateful if I could be advised of a suitable Lilly Pilly I could
use for a hedge-I have seen some very pretty bright green ones around

thanks

Ashley

Old 27-10-2006, 06:09 AM posted to aus.gardens

Hi Ashley,

I've just bought a Resilience Lilly Pilly. I only got it last week, so it's
still small.

I was asking after a plant which would form a dense hedge, which could cope
with very hot weather and strong winds.

Here's what the label says:

A beautiful selection of Syzgium Aussie Southern which has proved to have
resilience to many pests and diseases which can effect lillypillies. Red
young growth gives Resilience all year round colour which is enhanced in
spring by white flowers and red berries. The flowers and berries will also
attract birds to your garden. Resilience is ideal for a screen or hedge, or
as a plant to enjoy in the garden, whether in a pot or in the ground. It
responds well to pruning. Resilience thrives in a wide range of soils and
conditions but will perform best in moist, well drained soil in sun to part
shade. Native.

I bought mine from Swanes Nurseries.

Sorry that I can't recommend something from experince of growing one, but
maybe this will be of use to you anyway :-)

Cynthia.

Old 27-10-2006, 01:30 PM posted to aus.gardens

In article ,
"a mccarron" wrote:

I would be grateful if I could be advised of a suitable Lilly Pilly I could
use for a hedge-I have seen some very pretty bright green ones around

How tall do you want it to be? THe cultivars seem to vary quite a bit in
height. The only one I have experience of is Lillyput, and that would be fine
for a 2-3m hedge.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 31-10-2006, 12:25 AM posted to aus.gardens

Hey Ashley,

I just ran across this today:

"The Waterhousia floribunda 'Weeping Lily Pilly' has very attractive shiny
lime-green leaves which have bright-pink new growth. Left alone as a single
specimen they can reach a height of approx 4-5 metres, however they can be
kept trimmed at any height. Weeping Lilly Pilly's make a great hedge,
screen, specimen plant and also look great in large pots. Trim lightly each
year and fertilise with native Osmocote each spring and autumn."

Cynthia

Old 12-11-2006, 09:30 AM posted to aus.gardens

We bought some last year - their brand name was "Express" some are now about
2m tall and very dense - unfortunately a bit variable in growth rate, but
supposed to be 3-4 m.

Geoff

"Cynthia" wrote in message
Hey Ashley,

I just ran across this today:

"The Waterhousia floribunda 'Weeping Lily Pilly' has very attractive shiny
lime-green leaves which have bright-pink new growth. Left alone as a
single specimen they can reach a height of approx 4-5 metres, however they
can be kept trimmed at any height. Weeping Lilly Pilly's make a great
hedge, screen, specimen plant and also look great in large pots. Trim
lightly each year and fertilise with native Osmocote each spring and
autumn."

Cynthia

Surprise Lilli, second try - SurpriseLilliFlsmall.jpg (1/1) Omelet Garden Photos 7 25-09-2007 07:04 PM
Lilli help Mostyn Ponds 25 22-05-2005 09:57 PM
Lilli help Mostyn Ponds 0 22-10-2004 08:28 AM
Sick transplanted Lilli Pilli's - help!!! Dave Australia 7 15-08-2004 01:36 AM
where to buy lilli pilli David James Australia 6 29-05-2004 03:07 PM