Old 22-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default Removing Tool Rust?

Try using straight undiluted vinegar. Buy a gallon jug or more of the
vinegar. Pour it in a plastic tub with the pots and tools completely
covering them in the liquid. Let them soak in it overnight. Chemical
reactions need time to take place. Then take the pots and tools out and wash
them off with plain water. Its a good thing that ferric acetate is water
soluble, eh?

John T. Jarrett wrote in message
:/

I just found a tub of tools I thought I had put in the garage before

winter
came.

Any good soaks for getting the rust outta them creases and seams where
grinders and sandpaper don't reach?

I used a half vinegar - half water tub to clean up a cast iron pot that

had
spent ten years in a garage, but that still took hours of wire brushing

and
these tools are just too small for that.

Thanks!
--

John T. Jarrett

http://logontexas.com