Old 28-10-2006, 02:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Almost Fuyu Time!

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:50:48 -0700, "The Ranger"
wrote:

My diligence (and willingness to hose down perps) has paid off big
time! I have twenty fuyu persimmons turning that beautiful burnished
orange/rust. At what point are these rubies ready to harvest?
Hachiya brown and turn mushy; fuyu's remain solid all the way
through...

The Ranger

My DIL brought me about 15 pounds of persimmons last week. She said
they are Japanese persimmons. I have never eaten one, much less try
to make something from them. I like the idea of drying them.

They range in color from light green to orange and all are firm. All
information and ideas appreciated.
--
Susan N.