Old 28-10-2006, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Ranger The Ranger is offline

Default Almost Fuyu Time!

The Cook wrote in message
My DIL brought me about 15 pounds of persimmons last week.
She said they are Japanese persimmons. I have never eaten one,
much less try to make something from them. I like the idea of
drying them.

They range in color from light green to orange and all are firm.
All information and ideas appreciated.

I've been enjoying my bountiful harvest of Fuyus as: dessert
toppings with French Vanilla Bean ice cream, raw (simply peeled and
sliced up then eaten as is), and last night on a spinach salad with
a mild orange vinagrette. The Hachiya are strictly reserved for my
MIL who makes some of the BEST persimmon pudding!

The Ranger