Old 28-10-2006, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews[_2_] Gill Matthews[_2_] is offline

Default cuttings potted now what

"meshe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hiya
I have made some cuttings of my geraniums, fuschias,osterpermums,
nemesia and busy lizzies. They are all rooting well in the
conservatory. I have bought a growhouse, (small plastic four tiered
'greenhouse' - different shops call them different things), I am going
to put a hat on the greenhouse as I have seen a fleece cover for it at
£2.99. I am on the south coast, Bognor Regis, so mildish here I
guess. I am going to anchor the growhouse to the ground in case it
decides to go off on a trip with the winds.

My question is: Do you think the cuttings will be ok outside in the
growhouse once rooted, do I have to water them.

The busy lizzys look a bit tender to go out there, I could keep them
indoors as they are quite attractive house plants.

The only problem with keeping any cuttings indoors is the little black
flies which really annoy me.

It might get a bit cold for the busy lizzies and geraniums Fuchsias it
depends what varieties Osteospernums I have found fairly hardy. Placing you
grow house against the wall of your house can sometimes help because a bit
of heat seems to leak out through the bricks. (mind you our house is 100
yrs so no cavity wall insulation etc.

Gill M