Old 28-10-2006, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default cuttings potted now what

Hiya
I have made some cuttings of my geraniums, fuschias,osterpermums,
nemesia and busy lizzies. They are all rooting well in the
conservatory. I have bought a growhouse, (small plastic four tiered
'greenhouse' - different shops call them different things), I am going
to put a hat on the greenhouse as I have seen a fleece cover for it at
£2.99. I am on the south coast, Bognor Regis, so mildish here I
guess. I am going to anchor the growhouse to the ground in case it
decides to go off on a trip with the winds.

My question is: Do you think the cuttings will be ok outside in the
growhouse once rooted, do I have to water them.

The busy lizzys look a bit tender to go out there, I could keep them
indoors as they are quite attractive house plants.

The only problem with keeping any cuttings indoors is the little black
flies which really annoy me.

Old 28-10-2006, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"meshe" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

It might get a bit cold for the busy lizzies and geraniums Fuchsias it
depends what varieties Osteospernums I have found fairly hardy. Placing you
grow house against the wall of your house can sometimes help because a bit
of heat seems to leak out through the bricks. (mind you our house is 100
yrs so no cavity wall insulation etc.

Gill M

Old 31-10-2006, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"meshe" wrote in message
[...]

Hi my view is that the little plastic greenhouse will not provide any
protection at all for the cuttings particularly the Busy lizzies, Nemesia if
we get adecent frost.

The Geraniums, Fushia can be lightly watered wrapped in Newspaper and stored
in a frostfree environment keep an eye on them and keep the soil/ roots
damp.

Take cuttings once the growth on the Geraniums etc has started in early
spring, but this will only happen if you give them constant heat and TLC

The walls of a building will offer a little protection from prevailing winds
etc and also heat from the day as the temperature falls in the evening again

potted miniature roses Dick E. Roses 6 22-03-2011 11:09 PM
Rock elm cuttings no go, but sour cherry cuttings are going [email protected] Plant Science 0 15-08-2008 07:15 AM
Rose Cuttings - What now? (bit long) TheScullster United Kingdom 4 24-09-2007 01:41 PM
Rose Cuttings - Any Chance Now TheScullster United Kingdom 4 15-03-2007 08:00 PM
Now OT, was: Cuttings from a bay tree Andy Spragg United Kingdom 0 21-01-2003 08:29 AM