Old 28-10-2006, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Dahlia cuttings

"Robert" wrote in message

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message
:
:
: Thanks for that Robert, I've moved them to the porch. I suppose if we
got
: severe frst warning, overnight they could go in the kitchen - where
there's
: no rad.
:
: BD
Yes, that would be a good idea ... we don't get severe frosts down here
very
often

I'm only 30 miles West of you, but 500' up and facing East. Last Winter we
got -3 a couple of times, over consecutive nights - which causes most of the
damage.
On the plus side, last Winter seems to have bumped off most of the slugs
that feed on the spuds, on my two allotments.
Bertie