Old 29-10-2006, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default Dahlia cuttings

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message
:
: "Robert" wrote in message
:
: "Bertie Doe" wrote in message
: :
: :
: : Thanks for that Robert, I've moved them to the porch. I suppose if we
: got
: a
: : severe frst warning, overnight they could go in the kitchen - where
: there's
: : no rad.
: :
: : BD
: Yes, that would be a good idea ... we don't get severe frosts down here
: very
: often
:
: I'm only 30 miles West of you, but 500' up and facing East. Last Winter we
: got -3 a couple of times, over consecutive nights - which causes most of
the
: damage.
: On the plus side, last Winter seems to have bumped off most of the slugs
: that feed on the spuds, on my two allotments.
: Bertie
:

....plus we had snow in November which was very unusual. I have two
allotments as well. Got plenty of solid sprouts this year and leeks have
survived the ravages of the leek moth with the fleece I had over the plants
all summer. All the best