Old 22-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Ivy problem!

In article ,
Alan Holmes see sig for reply address wrote:

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

What is the best spray-on weedkiller for ivy?

Painted on glyphosate-based stuff is best to minimise drift, and add a few
drops of washing up liquid to break through the waxy coating on the

leaves.

Thanks for that, but:-

How will I know which commercial weedkillers are glyphosate-based, all
you seem to get is the makers name in very large print and the contents
are in microscpic print.

Tumbleweed, Roundup or marked as glyphosate. I am prepared to pay a
bit extra to boycott Monsanto, even though they probably still get a
royalty on it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679