Old 19-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Ivy problem!

What is the best spray-on weedkiller for ivy?

I have a quantity which is spreading over the ground and it's a pain in
the backside to keep digging out.

The ivy on the trees is fairly easy to deal with I just cut the branches
travelling up the trees.

Alan

Old 22-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Tarzan

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:13:33 -0000, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

What is the best spray-on weedkiller for ivy?

I have a quantity which is spreading over the ground and it's a pain in
the backside to keep digging out.

The ivy on the trees is fairly easy to deal with I just cut the branches
travelling up the trees.

Alan

weedkiller dont work and you dont seem to be able to compost it.
either
have the same problem

Old 22-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Brian Watson

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

What is the best spray-on weedkiller for ivy?

Painted on glyphosate-based stuff is best to minimise drift, and add a few
drops of washing up liquid to break through the waxy coating on the leaves.

You'll need to keep at it for several treatments, each about 14 days apart,
but it does work.

--
Brian
"Style advisor to the seasonally-challenged"

Old 22-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Alan Holmes

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

What is the best spray-on weedkiller for ivy?

Painted on glyphosate-based stuff is best to minimise drift, and add a few
drops of washing up liquid to break through the waxy coating on the

leaves.

Thanks for that, but:-

How will I know which commercial weedkillers are glyphosate-based, all
you seem to get is the makers name in very large print and the contents
are in microscpic print.

Alan

Old 22-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Brian Watson

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

What is the best spray-on weedkiller for ivy?

Painted on glyphosate-based stuff is best to minimise drift, and add a

few
drops of washing up liquid to break through the waxy coating on the

leaves.

Thanks for that, but:-

How will I know which commercial weedkillers are glyphosate-based,

Treat yourself to a magnifying glass.

:-)

--
Brian
"posting from Sutton, Winner of the English and Welsh Village of the Year

Old 22-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Alan Holmes see sig for reply address wrote:

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

What is the best spray-on weedkiller for ivy?

Painted on glyphosate-based stuff is best to minimise drift, and add a few
drops of washing up liquid to break through the waxy coating on the

leaves.

Thanks for that, but:-

How will I know which commercial weedkillers are glyphosate-based, all
you seem to get is the makers name in very large print and the contents
are in microscpic print.

Tumbleweed, Roundup or marked as glyphosate. I am prepared to pay a
bit extra to boycott Monsanto, even though they probably still get a
royalty on it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
To ivy or not to ivy, that's the question? TimLondon United Kingdom 15 07-05-2013 06:08 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
poisen ivy--scotts roundup poisen ivy ilaboo Lawns 4 06-06-2008 12:52 AM
Ivy + old house = potential problem? hughchal United Kingdom 5 18-04-2003 06:57 AM