Old 30-10-2006, 02:09 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny Jonny is offline

Default "maters"

"Robbin" wrote in message

"Jonny" wrote in message
nk.net...

Green leaf lettuce and spinach didn't make it beyond May here. Planted
in
late Feb. Spinach lasted for about 2 months, small. Leaf lettuce
stopped
producing any good leaves around the same time and went into strictly
flowering.

You should already have spinich and lettuce planted. They will produce
throughout the winter. Seed multiple times so you have plants of different
ages -- you are correct that sometine in May it gets too hot. These are
cold
weather crops!

Glad to hear my observations are correct about May being too hot for lettuce
and spinach. I am also wise to surprise frost in November. Sh^& happens.
I worked as a framing carpenter for 8 years a few decades ago. Lessons
learned.
--
Jonny