Old 30-10-2006, 09:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default 2008 World Orchid Conference

So what's your name?

K Barrett

"WOCdirector" wrote in message

Hi everyone! I wanted to give you some factual information on the 19WOC
in Miami. It is shaping up to be the best ever. We have many vendors
already signed up and our activities will be amazing. We are planning
on having many tours available including tours to the American Orchid
Society Visitors Center, several local growers in Homestead and the
Redlands, Fairchild Tropical Gardens, etc. They are not confirmed yet,
so they are not posted on the site -- but they will be soon. And,
anyone can request a special tour through out official travel agency --
we will be happy to accommodate as long as there are enough people
attending.

Likewise, we have more than 70 speakers confirmed representing 18
different countries. We are in the process of organizing their
schedules which will be done by general type of plant so if the
specialty groups want, they can come for a single day only. This too
will be posted very soon, once it is completed.

Our Banquet will truly be a special evening offering everyone the
sights, sounds and tastes of tropical Miami.

You can contact me directly with any questions or concerns
) or check out our website for regular updates ---
www.19woc.com.
We hope to see you in Miami.

tennis maynard Wrote:
Ray L. wrote:-
Has anyone started planning on going to this yet? I already have my
room
reservation and my show admission paid for. Possibly foolish,
probably idiotic, but still fun to plan ahead. I heard that the rooms

for the 2005 show in France were totally sold out midyear of 2004, so

decided to get in on the action early.

This ought to be really great...

Ray L.-

I will be there at least for the opening day of sales, which I take to

be Wed. Jan 23. Does anyone know if the sales will be open the night
before for the "Show Opening and Cocktail Party"? I don't see any link

to speakers or topics so there's no reason to plan on attending any of

that. Does anyone have any info on this either?

As I will be staying with friends I'll have no need of reservations
other than "Get the margaritas ready and clean the pool. I'm on my
way!"

--
WOCdirector