Old 01-11-2006, 11:00 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default Broccoli and white butterflies and gruns Control ?

In article , "Brad" wrote:

What is the best way to fix the above problem in the most un toxic way
.(I have kids and animals that may have potential contact)

1. Practice your tennis swings on the moths.

2. Hang eggshell halves on little sticks throughout the garden. Apparently
the moths perceive these to be competition, and take their eggs elsewhere.

3. Encourage dragonflies. I once saw a big dragonfly *eating* a cabbage
white caterpillar on my washing line. Well, on my *washing*, actually -- got
a few grub chunks on a pillow-slip!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue