Old 02-11-2006, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
P. Alves P. Alves is offline

Default Trees with fragance

Hi,

I am still not sure about the plumeria, after some reading I know that
I am in the limit of the cold temperatures a Plumeria can take. I have
asked a local nursery and the guy basically told me that from past
experience I would have a 50% chance depending on how much sun the tree
would be taking and if would be protected from the cold winds during
winter. With a 50%-50% probability I will not plant the tree.

Unfortunately the same guy was not very useful in advising me trees
with fragrance (max 2 meters) and that is where I need your advice the
most.

As to the weather, I just moved here (I used to live in the UK -
Lancaster) and the weather is kind of similar, with (much) less rain
and 6º C higher on average (I am not sure if I can call it similar
heheheh). Temperatures below 0 are very rare.

Thanks