Old 30-10-2006, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Trees with fragance

Hi,

I have room for 2/3 trees in the front garden of my house in Portugal.
What tree would you suggest for me to get me. two conditions: will not
grow more than +- 2 meters; and and have some fragrance.

I am also thinking on a PLUMERIA FRANGIPANI. can anyone advice me one
that will not grow more than 2/2.5 meters?

Thanks in advance!!

Old 31-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Registered User

Location: south west france

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Alves
Hi,

I have room for 2/3 trees in the front garden of my house in Portugal.
What tree would you suggest for me to get me. two conditions: will not
grow more than +- 2 meters; and and have some fragrance.

I am also thinking on a PLUMERIA FRANGIPANI. can anyone advice me one
that will not grow more than 2/2.5 meters?

Thanks in advance!!

You could try Gardenbanter Australia for advice about frangipani tree heights - I googled 'growing frangipani' and got lots of sites, including nurseries you could email.

jay jay
Old 01-11-2006, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

This ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frangipani

Old 01-11-2006, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

P. Alves wrote:
Hi,

I have room for 2/3 trees in the front garden of my house in Portugal.

I would think that maybe a gardening group that dealt with more
Mediterranean climates would offer more help than a UK one. Your growing
conditions must be very different to mine in Buckinghamshire if you are
considering a Frangipani tree!

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 02-11-2006, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi,

I am still not sure about the plumeria, after some reading I know that
I am in the limit of the cold temperatures a Plumeria can take. I have
asked a local nursery and the guy basically told me that from past
experience I would have a 50% chance depending on how much sun the tree
would be taking and if would be protected from the cold winds during
winter. With a 50%-50% probability I will not plant the tree.

Unfortunately the same guy was not very useful in advising me trees
with fragrance (max 2 meters) and that is where I need your advice the
most.

As to the weather, I just moved here (I used to live in the UK -
Lancaster) and the weather is kind of similar, with (much) less rain
and 6º C higher on average (I am not sure if I can call it similar
heheheh). Temperatures below 0 are very rare.

Thanks