Old 03-11-2006, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike in Spain Mike in Spain is offline

Default Large stones in the garden, good or bad?

On Nov 2, 7:32 pm, "computar2006" wrote:
I've got some large stones in my garden, some small ones too. I
arranged them into a small dry stone wall about 6 feet wide and 2 feet
high. I noticed that wood lice and slugs had made their home under the
stones and wonder if this is good for the garden, ie: slugs and tomato
plants don't mix. We have a wren in the garden and notice that they
like dry stone walls, so is it a choice between having a wren, wood
lice and slugs, or nothing. What's the best thing to do with garden
stones?

Well if it attracts things like slugs, then it will attract their
predators to the garden, birds, frogs and toads, also useful garden
insects will also use it to hide.