Old 04-11-2006, 12:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Re Water Restrictions

wrote:

I followed the previous thread on Water Restrictions one thing
that struck me was no one call for water tanks to be made compulsory
on all new bluidings. People will argue the cost of a tank too high
yet people will spend some $2500 on a big screen TV.

In NSW, it was proposed to make certain features compulsory in new
homes, but we had all the developes crying crocodile tears and sayin
that will make it too expensive for first home buyer, oh woe is them (US).

So they removed the requirments. I believe water tanks were one.

I think council should pass a bylaw that all new bluiding must have a
minium of 500gal tank even connected to town water. Up our way
(Central Victoria) any changes to the property the first thing council
ask is any trees to be removed but nothing about water saving.

Tree removal is covering their arse as people have an absolute paranoia
about falling tree limbs. I guess that I am 1,00,000 more times likely
to die on the roads than by a tree falling on me.