Old 05-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Teresa Gudge Teresa Gudge is offline
Registered User

Smile My iris did not produce flowers this year

I have many different varieties of iris in my garden - well established clumps in some places - and this year for some reason they did not flower. The plants are in various locations in my large south westerly facing garden. I have had several conversations with others who blame the temperatures we experienced this year - do others feel the same way ?

Also I have a very large Bear's Breechs plant which has for the past 4 years or so put up wonderful tall spikes of flowers -- again this year nothing - but the leaves and plant looks to be in good condition - in fact until the frosts of the last couple of days the plant looked glorious.

Other people's experiences would be greatly appreciated.