Old 05-11-2006, 10:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Starlord Starlord is offline

Default My iris did not produce flowers this year

Well, I live out in a desert and I make sure that my iris get two things:

1. lots of water, they need at lest a full ac ft a year.

2. Good feeding, in the spring time I use my alfafa tea I make to pour
around them. During the summer time I dust the ground with a thin film of
steer manuer and in fall I mix in the alfafa into the soil near their roots
for feeding.

Spring time I get blooms.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

"Teresa Gudge" wrote in message

I have many different varieties of iris in my garden - well established
clumps in some places - and this year for some reason they did not
flower. The plants are in various locations in my large south westerly
facing garden. I have had several conversations with others who blame
the temperatures we experienced this year - do others feel the same way
?

Also I have a very large Bear's Breechs plant which has for the past 4
years or so put up wonderful tall spikes of flowers -- again this year
nothing - but the leaves and plant looks to be in good condition - in
fact until the frosts of the last couple of days the plant looked
glorious.

Other people's experiences would be greatly appreciated.

--
Teresa Gudge