Old 06-11-2006, 12:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default My iris did not produce flowers this year

The rhizomes need to be divided every three years and never plant them
too deeply. The crown of the rhizome should be above the soil line.

I live in Texas and many things which normally flower did not because
there was not enough chill hours last winter. I didn't get one peach.
A few irises bloomed. It was not a great year for bulbs, tubers and
rhizomes.

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 15:10:00 +0000, Teresa Gudge
wrote:

I have many different varieties of iris in my garden - well established
clumps in some places - and this year for some reason they did not
flower. The plants are in various locations in my large south westerly
facing garden. I have had several conversations with others who blame
the temperatures we experienced this year - do others feel the same way
?

Also I have a very large Bear's Breechs plant which has for the past 4
years or so put up wonderful tall spikes of flowers -- again this year
nothing - but the leaves and plant looks to be in good condition - in
fact until the frosts of the last couple of days the plant looked
glorious.

Other people's experiences would be greatly appreciated.