Old 06-11-2006, 04:47 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
BA BA is offline

Default question winterization lawn sprinkler system

hi,

I recently bought a house and am trying to determine if I must do any
winterization for the sprinkler system.

I live in northern utah (does get cold in the winter). my sprinker lines
are made of poly-pipe (the black pipe).

I surely want to avoid pipes freezing and bursting (if that is indeed
possible).

a friend earlier today told me if my sprinker lines are poly-pipe then it is
very unlikely they would freeze and burst).

I all the sprinkler line are underground.

can someone tell me if I need to do any winterization or am I OK to do
nothing (but shutoff the main water valve)?

all responses are much appreciated.

BA
kaysville, UT