Old 08-11-2006, 12:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tbell tbell is offline

Default Laelia perrinii x self

I've had this plant for several years. Bought it bare root at the Pacific
Orchid Exposition from a NZ vendor, and though it took 3-4 years to bloom, it
has been a reliable and prolific bloomer, one of my favorites.

I've kept it in the GH with unvarying light, temp, water and fertilizer, in
S/H for two years. It's done well until this year, when all the PBs and
leaves have turned deep red, as if with excess sun. Two leads began to spike,
but the sheaths and blooms rotted. Needless to say, I excised them promptly
and sprayed vigorously with Physan. The remaining two PBs and leaves look and
feel healthy except for the red color.

Any thoughts?

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA