Old 08-11-2006, 12:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Laelia perrinii x self

I've had this plant for several years. Bought it bare root at the Pacific
Orchid Exposition from a NZ vendor, and though it took 3-4 years to bloom, it
has been a reliable and prolific bloomer, one of my favorites.

I've kept it in the GH with unvarying light, temp, water and fertilizer, in
S/H for two years. It's done well until this year, when all the PBs and
leaves have turned deep red, as if with excess sun. Two leads began to spike,
but the sheaths and blooms rotted. Needless to say, I excised them promptly
and sprayed vigorously with Physan. The remaining two PBs and leaves look and
feel healthy except for the red color.

Any thoughts?

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D70

Old 09-11-2006, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hi Dr. Tom, I found this on Google but wondering if maybe it is one that
needs a rest between waterings. How do you do that with SemiHydro?
http://www.orchidworks.com/orchids/plant61c.htm

I am going to do more research.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Old 09-11-2006, 01:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 21:08:02 -0800, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

Was it our heat in July?

That certainly may have had something to do with it. Thanks, Kath.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D70

Lemons - self fertile or self fertilising David WE Roberts[_2_] United Kingdom 1 05-03-2010 04:44 PM
L. perrinii Wendy7 Orchid Photos 7 07-11-2007 03:03 PM
Laelia info John Mallery Orchids 0 12-04-2003 01:44 PM
Laelia Paulo Orchids 5 11-04-2003 01:56 PM
Deflasking rupiculous Laelia Dewitt Orchids 7 02-04-2003 02:32 AM