Old 08-11-2006, 08:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tennis maynard tennis maynard is offline

Default Orchids in Chicago

Susan Erickson wrote:
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 16:07:14 -0500, Rob
wrote:

John Varigos wrote:

Thanks Rob.

Looks like I'll have to rent a car as these places are some distance from
the city where I'll be staying.

Unfortunately all of orchid places are not really accessible without a
car, at least from downtown.

Web addresses for each place are on the map.
http://www.chicagolandorchidfestival.com/htm/map.html
This is a very very rough map.

Oh, yeah. Please believe the "NOT TO SCALE" part. And the rt20/47 thing
in the upper left is not accurately shown on the map - it's tricky - get
a real map. Also note from the bottom left, there is no entrance going
east from 47 to 88. We made that mistake one year. We did go to Natt's
the back way this year (47 to 30, etc.) but it's screwed up as well -
they decided to drop a large school complex on one of the roads and it's
not on the map. If you use a little common sense, it does actually go
through to where you're heading. I think it saved a little time, but it
did avoid a HUGE amount of traffic!