Old 09-11-2006, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Laelia perrinii x self

Hi Dr. Tom, I found this on Google but wondering if maybe it is one that
needs a rest between waterings. How do you do that with SemiHydro?
http://www.orchidworks.com/orchids/plant61c.htm

I am going to do more research.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

tbell wrote:
I've had this plant for several years. Bought it bare root at the
Pacific Orchid Exposition from a NZ vendor, and though it took 3-4
years to bloom, it has been a reliable and prolific bloomer, one of
my favorites.

I've kept it in the GH with unvarying light, temp, water and
fertilizer, in S/H for two years. It's done well until this year,
when all the PBs and leaves have turned deep red, as if with excess
sun. Two leads began to spike, but the sheaths and blooms rotted.
Needless to say, I excised them promptly and sprayed vigorously with
Physan. The remaining two PBs and leaves look and feel healthy except
for the red color.

Any thoughts?

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA