Old 09-11-2006, 07:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default How safe is copper-oil-fungicide?

Thanks. When I moved here 23.5 years ago, there were two of these dwarf
peach trees. One simply died, don't know why. It may have been stressed
by the large (not dwarf) plum tree whose trunk is about 6 feet from
where that peach tree stood. The other surviving peach dwarf's trunk is
rather further from the plum - about 12 feet, I'd guess. The fruit is
diminutive and a bit tart, but it makes very nice canned peaches with a
little added sugar.

I should really plant some new fruit trees here. The plums are not dwarf
and have gotten so big that they are a real problem. I intend to cut
them down and plant new fruit trees. First, though, I'll probably get
the foundation replaced on the house, and some other major work. It
promises to be a very busy year.

Dan

My peach trees did not last anywhere near that long and I routinely
sprayed. Only problem with peaches was I'd have a ton of them and they
don't last. You can only eat so many and make so many pies, jams and
cans. I was making peach wine with the excess. But, peaches are like
tomatos in that you need to pick them dead ripe to get best flavor and
you cannot buy as good as you grow.

Frank