Old 10-11-2006, 04:49 AM posted to rec.ponds
TechZero TechZero is offline

Default Pond bred Fantails

Maxx Pollare aka LoneGunman akaTechZero is back to help Antonio finish off
your newsgroup.

"~ janj" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 21:48:21 +1100, "PatC" wrote:

I have no idea what this is all about, obviously I'm missing some subtle
message??

First off, don't cross post. When you hit reply, look and see what
newsgroups your message is going to, if your news reader doesn't let you
know with a prompt.

Anyway should I be thanking folks for their answers?

That's always nice. :-) At least we know we weren't wasting our time

giving
it.

OK, the area that they are in is quite small, say approx 20 - 30

gallons.

That's pretty small. So I'd say supplement their food. You can buy liquid
fry food at an aquarium store.

There could be anywhere between 50 - 100 or more or less, who knows how

count the fry!

Try to reduce that number, or they will by eating each other.... and

that's
okay too, natural selection. The biggest problem is water quality as they
grow with that many.

So when & if & what should I be putting into their environment?

You might want to pick up some test kits so you can monitor the ammonia,
nitrite, pH, & KH.

Thanks for some answers that don't totally confuse me with all the other
nonsense.

Just delete the nonsense next time and keep what's relevant, the kooks are
those who can't keep their goofiness in their own newsgroups... but
crossposting will draw them here faster than a picnic draws hornets in
August. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~