Old 10-11-2006, 11:30 AM posted to rec.ponds
PatC PatC is offline

Default Pond bred Fantails

"Köi-Lö" wrote in message
"PatC" wrote in message

I have no idea what this is all about, obviously I'm missing some subtle
message??

Anyway should I be thanking folks for their answers?

OK, the area that they are in is quite small, say approx 20 - 30

gallons.
The water is fairly well planted & has algae growth.
There could be anywhere between 50 - 100 or more or less, who knows how

count the fry!
So when & if & what should I be putting into their environment?
Thanks for some answers that don't totally confuse me with all the other
nonsense.

======================
Ignore the religious Trolls attacking this NG.

That's much too small an area to raise more than perhaps 10 fry in. They
would be better off in the pond itself. If there are plants in the pond
enough will survive to keep you in fish for awhile. :-) Trying to keep
fry healthy and growing in too small an environment doesn't work to well.
Been there - done that. I use pools no smaller than 150g each to start

the
fry off....... see my website below:
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

KL
I checked out your website & now I am green with envy.
I wish... If only we owned the place we live in we could try it on a smaller
scale, ho hum
thanks again
Pat