Old 11-11-2006, 02:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dusty Dusty is offline

Default Very large Dendrobium flower

On a recent trip to Okinawa I came across a flower seller in Hiwadori
shopping area who was selling cut Dendrobium flower spikes, white with a
pink blush & a touch of yellow in the throat. . What caught my eye was
the size. They where slightly more than 2.5 inches across (used a dollar
bill for measurement) and they had good substance. I have not seen
standard Dendrobiums with flowers this size.

So if anyone has seen Dendrobiums with same size flowers I would like to
put its name on my want list.

Also I looked around at places selling plants but no luck finding a
similar flower. However if you like noids of Phal. Onc. & Den. this is a
buyers paradise. Large plants (4 to 6 growths) with multiple spikes (den
& Onc) and blooming Phals all at between 398 yen and 498 yen. That's
about $3.37 to $4.29.
However bringing them back could get very expensive.

Grow well and bloom magnificently

Dusty