Old 13-11-2006, 02:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne Dwayne is offline

Default My iris did not produce flowers this year

"Teresa Gudge" wrote in message

I divide mine every 2 to 3 years, depending on how big the clump of rhizomes
is, only I do it as soon as they quit blooming. Then some of the replanted
ones will bloom the following year, but usually it will take the second year
after transplanting.

You can dig up the entire clump, divide it, and lay the rhizomes on top of
the ground. Then I sweep some loose dirt along the edges of the rhizomes
and water them. I water mine with a soaker hose.

I usually just use a shovel and cut the center of the clump in half. Dig up
one side and get rid of it by giving it away or transplanting it. The other
half of the clump will usually bloom the following year, if I didn't disturb
it too much while removing the other half. If your clump is too big, you
will have to remove more than half.

Dwayne