Old 13-11-2006, 12:02 PM posted to aus.gardens
Petesin Petesin is offline

Default Another tomato question

i planted my first vege garden about 5 weeks ago and everything is doing
well (or at least i think so).

My problem is that when i planted my tomato seeds i planted 3 in the one
spot. I guess the theory was that they might not all germinate. Now I have
3 healthy seedlings growing in a small clump. I don't want to kill 2 of
them off for no good reason as all 3 look equally healthy to me.

Can i remove all 3 and replant them else where or will i lose all 3 of them?
I have 2 others going well also but i would like to keep these 3 but don't
want to sacrifice all 3. Can I leave them just as they are or will i just
get 3 below average plants when i could have 1 good plant?

I had the same dilemma with the sweet corn i planted but they are doing
really well and have no problem keeping them just as they are.

I know there is plenty of tomato growers around this group that can help me
out.

Cheers