Old 16-11-2006, 10:16 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_1_] Jonno[_1_] is offline

Default Stolen garden lights...

John Savage wrote:
writes:
I've recently tried to put in solar lights in our front garden beds
(they are quite cheap fortunately!)...the ones that you simply poke
into the ground. But soon after some of the lights were stolen, which

I'm surprised that theft hasn't been the fate of most of these simple
lights. Even were you to fix them into concrete, their top simply press
fits onto the support spike so you'd probably be left with just a row of
decapitated plastic supports if they are the sort I'm thinking of.

Maybe you could concrete some short lengths of galvanised pipe of the
right diameter into the ground and then fit the lamp's optic assembly onto
the pipe as an alternative mount? Thwart theft of the lamp assembly by
liberal use of epoxy resin to bond the assembly to the pipe and to also
bond all of the lamp pieces together. This will mean you probably will not
be able to access the NiCd battery should it ever need replacing, but these
probably have a MTBF of a couple of years anyway.

If this sounds like too much trouble, just fit one with GPS and wireless
internet and set it to email you its coordinates hourly. :-)

Rite on bro.Yo seems to have the techno bit, git to fit the sit.