Old 16-11-2006, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default new boy, no understand?

"Muddymike" wrote in message
news
What gives here? I joined this group in the hope of expanding my knowledge
of gardening having taken on a large (about an acre) once grand, now
overgrown town garden. I am now wondering whether to stay for fear of

attack
from some members of this group. In a few days of membership I have been
reading more bitching and hate on this NG than I can recall ever reading
elsewhere.

Is it always like this?
Is it worth hanging around for the garden talk to start?
Is there a real gardening NG somewhere?
Will I attract the abuse now?

Mike

I came several months ago Mike as an outsider and have picked up some good
ideas and encouragement. I guess you learn to pick and choose the threads
that interest you buts its worth staying on. As for other sites rec.gardens,
rec.gardens.edible, aus.gardens I also find useful.

rob