Old 23-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Anne Wheeldon

Default Vine Weevil Larvae in outside soil.

"bnd777" wrote in message
Water the area thoroughly with a solution of Armillotox every 10 days this
will kill the eggs

wrote in message

All the advice I can find on dealing with Vine Weevil assumes container
grown plants or plants in a green house. Mine are in the outside soil in
a border of the garden, with other established shrubs nearby. Is there
anything further I should do?

Many thanks

Ellen.

You can use nematodes. I think the stuff is called "Nature's Friends". You
buy an empty box, send off to the company and they send you a batch of live
nematodes. You water them in to the soil and they make it their life mission
to do unbelievably horrible things to vine weevil larvae. Not a chemical or
a vine weevil in site.

Anne