Old 19-11-2006, 01:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Treedweller Treedweller is offline

Default Replacing pine trees with maples

On 18 Nov 2006 08:22:36 -0800, "Greg" wrote:

I am having several western cedar pine trees removed in my yard as
they've grown massively out of control and are too close to the house.
I would like to plant a maple variety in the same general area. Is
there any special preparation I need to do, in consideration of the
soil content? The pH is likely relatively low. Also, what time of year
should I consider planting new trees? I am in the pacific northwest, so
the temperature doesn't get cold, it just rains.

Thanks in advance.

-Greg

Maples like acid. They should do fine.