Old 19-11-2006, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Advise required on moving a peoni

On 19/11/06 10:41, in article ,
"Muddymike" wrote:

Ok so I am still here and have not attracted anything nasty yet so lets go
for a question. We have two peonies (not sure if this is correct spelling)
growing in an area we are changing to lawn. Can anyone advise on the best
time/method to move them as I seem to recall they are not easy plants to
move.

Strictly speaking, early autumn is the best time, though you could probably
risk it now unless your ground is very frosted when the plants might resent
having to start all over again in a cold bed! They like a sunny or lightly
shaded spot and shouldn't be planted too deeply - about 2 or 3 inches below
the surface is fine. If they're old plants they'll benefit from being
divided into crowns containing 3 or 4 eyes each. Peony/peonies is fine and
Paeonia is the latin.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk