Old 20-11-2006, 05:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Marks & Spencer Live Christmas Tree - How to Car For

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Russel Sprout" wrote in message

"M" wrote in message
I have bought an M & S "Musical Advent Gift Bag" containing a live tree
about 8" tall. The one I bought last year died so I would appreciate any
advice on how to care for the tree. I would eventually like to put the
tree in the garden.

Whatever else you do to it, two weeks indoors will drastically cut it's
chances of survival.

I've heard it said a Christmas tree indoors in a centrally heated house
needs a gallon of water per day to survive. I would put it in a container
which you can give this amount of water without it going all over the
floor.
Steve

blub blub bluub !
A gallon for an 8" tree :~))))))

BBC has some good advice ;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...xmastree.shtml

But the chances of success are slim. The variation in temperature between
indoors and out is huge.

jenny