Old 23-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Sandpit Sand

In article ,
Joe wrote:
I would appreciate some advice. I have a bag of sandpit sand but no
sandpit, nor the need of one. Can this sand be put to horticultural
uses?

Yes, very much so. It can be used for most horticultural purposes
that simply say "sand". When using it for potting up things that
need extreme drainage, you may want to check that it has few fine
particles by washing it first. Just put some in a bucket, stir it
up with plenty of water and pour the water onto the garden. The
remainder will be the medium and large particles - but I should
guess that it will be mostly made up of them.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679